Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happenings in NH

Well, I haven't blogged in a while so now it's time to catch up with one big post. So, here goes...the biggest news of the spring has been the birth of my niece, Olivia. She was born at 9:33 a.m. on Saturday, April 19th. This happened to also be the day of my niece-in-law, Erin's bridal shower. So, at around 5: 30 a.m. I got a call from my brother stating that they were on their way to the hospital and he would be in touch. By, the 3rd call I was on 2 phones...house line was my brother calling me to tell me that the C-section was beginning and my cell phone was my sister who I was happily updating on the exciting news. So, off I went to the hospital with a pit stop on the way to my sistah-in-law, Rochelle's to drop of my bridal shower gift along with directions to the restaurant where the shower was being held. Once at the hospital I stayed until we were sure that all was o.k. with Marcie and Olivia before heading up to their house to get Olivia's room ready. She was a few weeks early and well the room was painted but there was a wall paper border to hang and a changing table that needed to be brought down from the attic. Marcie's mom, Gail and I went to town and got the wall paper border hung on Sunday and the room all prettied up for Olivia's home coming.

Next, we went to Daytona for vacation with our friends, Pat & Charlie and had a great time relaxing in the sun. We stayed in a very nice resort located right on Rte. A-1-A on the beach. Could really get used to living down there during that time of year.

Next, we came home to find out that Mom finally finalized her purchase of the lake house. Finally she's the sole owner and we can now enjoy hanging out at the lake house without any doubt that it's finally her home.

Next, start of golf season and gardening season just in time for Memorial Day celebration up at the lake house. Bill and family arrived with their friends, Mimi and Rick with their two boys and we had a grand time enjoying the lake, grilling on the deck and hanging out at Mom's.

Next, finish planting the flowers around the house and some of the veggies. Mulch ordered and septic tank pumped...check and completed.

Now, this weekend, it's another trip back to the lake house.

No comments: