Monday, June 9, 2008

A/C Issues

So, I'm reading my niece-in-law's blog who is having all kinds of issues with her A/C breaking down during brutal heatwave and decided it was appropriate for me to post the issue we had with our A/C this weekend.

I had kissed Phil good bye on Sat. a.m. as he headed out to the golf course with him all set to be coming home on Sat. night to an empty house cuz I was heading to the lake to keep cool until Sunday afternoon. Well, it worked out that when he got home Sat. night at 7:45 p.m. (never checked his cell phone for my message) that I was there. He was surprised and relieved that I was there to help him put in our new A/C window unit that was just too cool (no pun intended) with a remote control. Oh, joy, another remote to try and keep track of. Anyway, I proceed while he's in the shower to get the living room set up to move the A/C into the window. The preparation consisted of breaking apart our sectional to clear the path and window for the A/C.

So, the new unit is so light he can carry it himself and place it in the window. Okay, so far so good so I proceed to the kitchen to get something to drink and all of a sudden I hear a crash. I run into the living room to see Phil hanging out the opening of the window where just a few minutes before our A/C had been. I'm trying not to burst out laughing at the expression on Phil's face which was between a deer in the headlights look and the look of disbelief and anger and frustration as he's hanging out the window. He then proceeds to head out to the yard to pick up the A/C while I am now peering out the hole in the window watching him pick up the unit and trudge back into the house with it. Dirt is falling all over the freshly vacuumed carpet and all. He tries to put the unit back in the window and as he's getting it set I look to see he has it in upside down! Yup, that sucker was upside down and he starts to object in earnest until he sees the power cord is facing up rather than down. He turns it over and now it's back in position but then I notice that my Torchiere floor lamp is in pieces.

Phil: "how in the hell did that break?"
Daina: "must have happened when you tried to catch the A/C as it fell out the window."
Phil: "I didn't like that lamp anyway."

Well, the lamp broke but at least the A/C works. And, I've had the best time telling this story! Ain't life grand?!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I will admit - I got quite a giggle out of this story. You hear about it - but never actually know someone who does it...